Páginas

martes, 21 de mayo de 2013

Bienvenidos a Valencia

After a day of travel I arrived in Valencia. My flight left for Madrid at 5:05, meaning I got to JFK airport at 2. I flew with Iberia Air on a flight with other UVA students. There are also students from F&M, Davidson, Radford, and a few other places.


Here's the plane I took from New York to Madrid.  It was huge!
At JFK I had to charge my phone, so I sat in the bathroom as it had the only working power supply!! Our flight finally boarded and took off. The plane was 3 rows across, but it did have a personal little tv/screen for each person. On the flight I saw Silver Linings Playbook and some of Les Mis as well as listening to Zac Brown Band. They also served dinner and breakfast on the flight.  Of course it was like 4 hours after one another with very little sleep, so my body was all confused.  I did sleep some though (I only know this because I fell asleep at the song Castle on a Cloud during Les Mis and woke up at One My Own).


Jordan and me in Madrid!
After landing in Madrid and making our way to the next flight, we had about 2 hours to kill.  There was a bit of napping, but mostly we talked with the TA who was flying with us.  She told us all about Valencia and answered some of our questions.  Finally, we arrived in Valencia around 11am local time.  We were driven to the soccer stadium where I met my host mom, Sra. Natalia Mateo.  From there I went to the apartment I'll be living in for the next month and basically slept.  When not sleeping, I ate!  I had pasta for lunch and una tortilla (potatoes and eggs, as well as bread and a banana for dessert!)



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario